We are pleased to inform you of another record-breaking week from Spanish court victories. M1 Legal secured a fantastic 11 positive results with a total amount awarded of $262,583 !
The substantial awards are listed below:
1st Court of Instance:
- Diamond Resorts - In Fuengirola first court of instance No. 2, the judge declared the contract null and void under laws 42/1998 and 04/2012 requirements due to a lack of information surrounding the accommodation and contract duration. Amount awarded - $18,314 .
- Anfi - In San Bartolomé de Tirajana court No. 3, the judge in this case also declared the contract null and void under the law 42/1998 requirements (no duration information). Amount awarded - $32 399.
- Club la Costa - In Fuengirola court No.5, the judge declared the contract null and void due to law 42/1998 requirements (no duration information). Amount awarded - $45,803 .
- Marriott - In Marbella's first court of instance No. 3, the hearing was concluded following the judge declaring the contract null under the law 42/1998 requirements (no duration information). Amount awarded - $33,880 .
- Anfi - In the provincial court las Palmas de Gran Canaria No. 5, the judge overturned the decision from the first court of instance. The judge's understanding was that if Anfi cancelled a contract due to non-payment of maintenance fees, there are no grounds for a claim, however, this is not correct, and the case was amended in our client's favour. Amount awarded - $51,640 .
- Club la Costa x 2 The Court of Appeal in Malaga has confirmed these judgements from the first instance which declared the contract null due to laws 42/1998 & 04/2012. Amounts awarded - $29,761 and $25,725 .
We also had 3 further wins, one against Martex, RCI & SSB Marketing, two further Anfi judgements.
This week we were victorious in 3 more cases that were appealed by the resort in an attempt to have them rejected under Spanish jurisdiction. All three were against Diamond Resorts valued at $42,213 and will now proceed to the next step.
Well done to the team at M1 Legal and congratulations to their clients.